Labels

Monday 24 September 2012

Corners

I think I might have fallen down a rabbit hole. Just a little bit.
Im currently sitting here a tmy desk, blogging, with 7 tabs open from the UX Movement website. Each one has an article that is find interesting/important/relevant to the current project. This is going to take a while.

The most recent one I read is all to do with corners, Its not just guessing or anything silly like that, this is thoroughly researched and actually extremely logical. It talks about why rounder corners on UI objects are allot easier to process than sharper 90 degree angles.

The article looks at everything from sharper angles making things look brighter and therefore harder to process, to the fact that curves follow the natural movement of the eye easyer. Either way I need to do some serious updating of my designs.



The original article can be found here: http://uxmovement.com/thinking/why-rounded-corners-are-easier-on-the-eyes/

No comments:

Post a Comment